Welcome to the live video feed from St Colmcille’s Holywood.
The live video above should be visible on all devices. We recommend using the Chrome browser for maximum compatibility. On some mobile devices it may be necessary to click (or tap) on the “play” icon in the video window below to begin watching. On mobile devices, it may also be necessary to tap the “speaker” icon to hear the sound.
If you have any difficulty seeing the stream please refresh your page or open a new tab.
Diocese of Down and Connor
Covid 19 Guidance; 15th February 2022
The Minister for Health has announced significant easing of restrictions and regulations relating to Covid-19. This easing is effective from 15 February 2022. The Diocese continues to strongly recommend a number of protective measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all members of parish communities, especially those who are anxious or particularly vulnerable. These measures reflect the ongoing public health advice given to all members of the public.
With this in mind I have implemented the following guidelines for St Colmcille’s Holywood:
- Face coverings to be worn at all times while in the Church and throughout liturgical celebrations, even when seated.
- We will continue to use hand sanitisers provided at the entrances and other appropriate points within the Church.
- While administering Holy Communion I will continue to sanitise my hands before and after the distribution, and wear a face covering.
- Communion will be received in the hand.
- The sign of peace remains suspended.
- And for the time being, holy water fonts will remain empty.
- Missalettes and bulletins will be available for single use and disposed of after use.
- We will continue to work with Funeral Directors for the safe conduct of funeral rites.
- Baptisms will continue with only one baptism at a time with only family and friends in attendance.
- Weddings will continue with the general guidance we have be following.
- Ashes will be distributed on Ash Wednesday.
- The obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holydays remains suspended at this time.
I am most grateful to everyone who has engaged and supported us here in Holywood throughout the last 2 years, particularly our volunteers who have given so much of their time to keep everyone safe in these unprecedented times.
With every blessing,
All Masses will be broadcast on this page. There is still no obligation to attend Mass and online participation is deemed sufficient.